Time for our weekly round-up of some of the interesting and downright strange links we’ve come across this week:
- Why do storytellers lie? Maura Kelly looks at why people like to tell stories, and why they often bend the truth in the process.
- Remember the fuss that Christopher Priest caused with his comments on the Arthur C Clarke Award recently? He even discussed it when we interviewed him last week. Now there’s an interesting discussion of his comments in the context of gender.
- How do the Top 10 fiction and non-fiction books of March 1966 compare to the Top 10 for March 2012? Funny you should ask, because here’s the answer.
- I’m not sure how long this offer will last, but in the UK ASDA is currently selling the Kobo eReader at £49, a saving of nearly £20. Not a bad deal, and the Kobo is pretty decent.
- And finally, here’s one for Thomas Pynchon fans. Bathroom graffiti has never seemed so highbrow.